WELCOME to BASTION
The UK’s foremost physical security specialists
for multi-threat solutions
BASTION are architectural physical security specialists, with primary expertise in mitigating:
• Determined Forced Entry
• Ballistic Attack
• Bomb Blast
Bastion began life in the late 1970’s, developing practical solutions to meet the evolving threats from criminality and terrorism. Changes to the threat landscape, have driven innovation, development and testing of new and market leading solutions. This hallmark of Bastion continues today.
Our range of Modular room building and partitioning systems are at the forefront of our offering, but we retain a full capability for bespoke or ‘one-off’ projects.
Please contact us in confidence if you have a project planned or underway.
Bastion Modular Systems.
- The highest security ratings of any comparable system (A.C.E. and G5)
- A unique ability to be dismantled, re-built / extended / reduced in future
- A durable and long-life (50 years) asset, if operated and maintained in accordance with the guidance provided.
- The slimmest panel thickness at only 50 mm
We provide a range of options to meet varying risk levels and are happy to look innovatively at unusual or challenging projects. Please talk to us if you are unclear as to the system rating you should use.
- SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility)
- Armoury and Ammo storage
- Classified material vault
- Single end opening 10’, 20’ and 40’
- Double end opening 20’ and 40’
- Side and end opening 20’ and 40’
- Adapting existing products
- Deploying special materials and techniques
- Providing an end -to-end design, sourcing, manufacture and installation service
- Providing all necessary certificates of testing, material compliance to standards, or consultancy reports, for the O&M manual
- Warranting our work
Project G. was a requirement to supply and install some 150 linear metres of armour steel panels to 2.8m high, as a defensive shield against a potential terrorist attack, on a newly constructed building.
- No fixing holes could be made in the steel panels
- Ensuring bullets could not pass through between adjacent panels
- Securing each panel without the use of fixing holes in the steel
- Providing a secure attachment for acoustic panelling over the top of the steel, again, without any holes in the steel and not using adhesive.
2. Safety Threat
- This was a unique performance requirement with no off-the-shelf solution
- The test gun had to be designed and manufactured
- The acoustic and impact performance of the viewing window, were equally non-negotiable
- Creation of a complete armoured lining to an existing test room
- Unique double doors for equipment access
- Compatibility with existing interior modular wall system
- Highly Confidential facility
3. High Value Robbery Threat
- The only permitted access point to the display location in the North Transept, was through two mediaeval doorways and an internal lobby
- There is a 1m drop in floor level from the outside pathway to the Cathedral floor
- The floor had to be protected from the 4000 kgs load of the secure room
- The path outside is barely the width of a vehicle and had auspicious graves close to its edge
- No daytime working was allowed
- The Magna Carta is highly susceptible to damage by bright light and humidity
- The Cathedral does not offer the level of security needed for such a priceless artefact
- A 4m x 5m x 2.4m room with a single door would be supplied on-hire
- By designing a special ramp and using narrow track vehicles with winches installed, the modular system panels and all equipment, were gently delivered into position on special trolleys that fitted through the small doors
- The floor was protected by 20mm plywood with special under-cushioning material to distribute the weight and protect the mediaeval floor tiles
- Room assembly took place over five nights when the Cathedral was closed so as not to disturb the busy daytime activities
- The inside of the room was painted matt black to remove light scatter
- An air-con system was installed to maintain the desired temperature and humidity
- A state-of-the-art alarm system and CCTV surveillance was added to complete the security arrangement.
High Security Doors.
Featuring the new Surelock McGill G5-LG05 cylinder guard allied with a slimline lock with blast uprated bolts, these all-new doorsets represent the highest security protection available from a conventional hinged design.
Complementary Products & Services.
In addition to our defined products, we can also offer the following, directly, or in conjunction with supplier-partners.
- Bastion Weapons Racking System
- ATM Enclosures
- High Security Grilles
- High Security Cabinets
Bastion Weapons Racking System
High Security Grills & Cabinets
© Copyright 2022
Bastion Security Products Ltd
Registered in England & Wales.
Company number 08667108
UNW LLP St. James House,
Citygate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4JE
Bastion, Bastion Security and Bastion Protects
are trading styles of Bastion Security Products Ltd.
R&D Testing & Certification
High Security Doors
Complementary Products & Services
Bastion Security Products Ltd
Cobalt Business Exchange
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE28 9NZ United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)191 2573100